This session is presented by FNU faculty members Dr. Ruth Ellen Elsasser and Dr. Ana Verzone
This session will provide a review of the most common conventional and evidence-based integrative medicine interventions used during perimenopause and menopause.
At the completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand menopause and its varied presentation and symptoms.
- Know the key differences between perimenopause and menopause.
- Know how to properly diagnose menopause.
- Understand the conventional approach to managing peri/menopause.
- Understand integrative approaches to managing peri/menopause.
- Know how diet, exercise, and lifestyle impact symptoms.
- Identify complications of conventional pharmacology.
- Identify the limitations of integrative therapies.
- Know how to develop a patient-centered, individualized plan of care when managing perimenopause and menopause.
About CE Credits
This activity is approved for 2.0 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 0.75 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID 20084431. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. This activity’s approval expires on September 30, 2021.
Once you have viewed the session, you must complete the post-test and evaluation at the link below in order to receive credit for your contact hours. If you have questions about completion of the activity or the evaluation form, please contact Eileen.Odonnell@frontier.edu.